- Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Fall in Sonoma County

This blog post was inspired by a recent article in Harper's Bazarre magazine which lists the top fall vacation destinations. At the top of their list is Petaluma, California! I have to say that I was a little surprised by this. Not to say that Petaluma isn't beautiful in the fall, but when I think of fall destinations I think of New England and all of its fall colors. This article made me think about what Petaluma and Sonoma County have to offer for fall visitors. The article talked about McEvoy Olive Oil Ranch and how Petaluma is an "undiscovered"city. I have yet to visit McEvoy Ranch, but it is high on my list of local places to visit. As for Petaluma being "undiscovered," I am not sure about that. It is pretty busy with tourists
on the weekends. Anyway, this article got me thinking about fun fall activities in Petaluma and surrounding areas.
                                                                                      Peter's Pumpkin Patch

Here are my suggestions of fun things to do.

  • Pick apples at a u-pick farm in Sebastopol (Sonoma County)
  • Visit any of the hundreds of wineries (Sonoma County)
  • Hike in Helen Putnam Park (Petaluma)
  • Kayak on the Petaluma River (Petaluma)
  • Visit a local pumpkin patch - My favorite is Peter's Pumpkin Patch (Petaluma)
  • Indulge and grab a pie from the Petaluma Pie Company (Petaluma)
  • Walk along Dillon Beach (Dillon Beach)
  • Experience Oktoberfest on October 11 (Cotati)

Send us pictures of your favorite fall activities, even if you're not from the Petaluma area at plugouttoday@gmail.com! -Gilly Hegenbart

No comments:

Post a Comment