- Monday, October 19, 2015

Exploring Yosemite in the Fall


Last week I was lucky enough to be a chaperone on my daughter's 8th grade field trip to Yosemite National Park. We all stayed in the Curry Village tent cabins and our hosts for the week were the Nature Bridge program. I was in a group with eleven students led by a wonderful naturalist named Margaret. We spent one day hiking to the top of Yosemite Falls. It is a strenuous hike with an amazing view at the top. The hike was the most difficult that many of the children had ever done. The rest of the week was spent with the kids getting to explore the park. The kids were not allowed to bring cell phones or electronics of any kind and surprisingly enough they didn't miss having them at all. It allowed them to be in the moment and enjoy being together in this amazing place.


This visit to Yosemite was one of the best experiences I have ever had. It was so much fun to watch the kids explore, learn and bond in such a magical place. I truly hope that the experience was as memorable for them as it was for me.

-Gilly Hegenbart


No comments:

Post a Comment